The tourist attractions in Bucharest can be discovered with the help of the Bucharest City Bus. The ride lasts approximately 50 minutes, the time between two buses is about 20 minutes and the travel card can be bought at the board of the bus. The bus operates after a set schedule.
Bucharest is crossed by the Dâmbovița River. Here are a few places in Bucharest you should not miss:
- Manuc Inn (Hanul lui Manuc) – built in 1808.
- Arch of Triumph (Arcul de Triumf) rebuilt in 1922.
- Victory Avenue (Calea Victorie) designed in 1692.
- The former Royal Palace ( Palatul Regal) hosts The National Museum of Arts of Romania
- The Romanian Athenaeum (Ateneul Român).
- Old churches: Kretzulescu Church, Stavropoleos Church
- CEC Palace (Casa de Economii și Consemnațiuni – CEC).
- Old City Center (Centrul Vechi) located in Lipscani street area.
- Old Princely Court & Church ( Curtea Veche).
- National Bank of Romania ( Banca Națională a României).
- University Square with Intercontinental Hotel, The National Theatre of Bucharest, Șuțu Palace (the Bucharest Municipality Museum) and The University of Bucharest
- The Romanian Palace of Parliament is the second largest administrative building in the world.